You can access the latest edition of the NNPCF & Contact A Family Parent Carer Participation Bulletin Number 12 (4th February 2014) by clicking here. This bulletin includes:
- Independant Supporters
- Funding for Local Authorities
- Useful Reports
- Grant Information
- Learning and Developments
- NNPCF Updates
The world is changing significantly for families of disabled children and children with Special Educational Needs. Information about the changes that are happening and those due to take place in September 2014, can be found on the latest edition of the quarterly e-bulletin by the Council for Disabled Children digest. This is available at: ww.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/media/509344/digest_autumn_2013.pdf.
The bumper issue includes:
- A set of FAQs and free resources on the Children and Families Bill
- Information on how to be involved in our new NHS Constitution project
- Five tips for supporting disabled young people into adulthood via the Preparing for Adulthood programme
Download your copy at www.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/media/509344/digest_autumn_2013.pdf.
Click here to view the latest Contact a Family Bulletin Number 10.
This new bulletin includes:
- Pathfinder and delivery partner evaluation
- Pathfinder champion events
- Pathfinder information packs
- Updates from the NNPCF
- National parent carer participation event
- Parent carer rights and the care bill
- Consultation launched for the Code of Practice
- Grant information
- Learning and development support for forums
- Latest opportunity to participate.
Please see the following link to joint bulletin number 8 from the National Network of Parent Carer Forums and Contact a Family.
This bulletin includes;
- Information on the opportunity to influence the Code of Practice Children and Families Bill 2013
- Follow up information from the England Parent Carer Participation Event held in March 2013, including a range of questions left by participants answered by the Department for Education and Department of Health representatives
- Parent Carer Participation Grants Monitoring 2012/13 and Applications 2013/14
- On line learning available on the Contact a Family website
Opportunities to participate
To view this bulletin click here.
The Adventure Day took place on Saturday 11th May 2013 at Rough Close. All feedback received was extremely positive. All families had a great day despite the weather being a bit unsettled. Thank you to all parents/carers and young people who turned up on the day – i think you’ll agree it was worth the wait!
The latest Joint Bulletin No.7 (February 2013) from the National Network of Parent Carer Forums and Contact A Family is available to download by clicking here.
The January 2013 bulletin is also available to download. Read full article
Please click here
for the latest joint bulletin from the National Network of Parent Carer Forums and Contact a Family. This is a brief bulletin that focuses on the recommendations of the Education Select Committee
Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire are working together to provide parents, carers, children and young people with a range of short breaks which meet assessed and identified needs. Please see the link below for a survey – your comments and views are important to us and we need your help to shape services for the future. Read full article
The event held on 12th November 2012 proved very popular and feedback has been very positive. Parents who were unable to attend on the day may view the presentations here Read full article
Kellie Jones and Claire Batten attended the West Midlands conference to represent the One Voice Parent Group. Read full article